Please note, menus are current and all choices are subject to availability on the day, due to popularity and supply.
Sample À la carte Menu
- Spicy red pepper, tomato & lentil soup with croutons (V)
- Figs poached in port with Yorkshire Blue & walnut parmiere (V)
- Foie-gras & chicken liver parfait with spiced pear chutney & toasted brioche
- Tempura of black pudding, soft boiled hen’s egg, sauce bois boidrin
- Goujons of plaice with lemon & parsley mayonnaise
- Whitby crab tart with apple & fennel salad
- Red onion tatin with stilton & balsamic vinaigrette (V)
- Pan-fried scallops, cauliflower puree, caramelised cauliflower & cumin veloute
- Goat’s cheese & thyme raviolis with peas, spinach & grand Padano parmesan Starter/main (V) Starter/main
- 35-day aged 6 oz Scottish fillet steak, herb butter, triple-cooked chips, wild mushrooms, grilled tomato, French beans & shallots
- Roast rump of Nidderdale lamb with soft herb crust, butternut squash puree, roast Autumn vegetables, cocotte potatoes & thyme jus
- Organic slow-roast belly pork, mash, carrot & swede puree, spring cabbage, apple sauce & mustard jus
- Breast of Gressingham duck with mushrooms & bacon served with fondant potato, red cabbage, tender stem broccoli & roasting juices
- Roast fillet of Whitby cod with crayfish risotto, wilted spinach & white wine veloute
- Sticky toffee pudding, butterscotch sauce, orange marmalade ice-cream
- Vanilla sponge with raspberry jam & custard
- Frangipan & pistachio tart with boozy brambles & kirsch cherry ice-cream
- Salted caramel chocolate bar with vanilla ice-cream
- Selection of the best of British cheese, served with home-made oatcake biscuits, walnut & raisin toast, spiced pear chutney, grapes and celery.
All our produce is fresh & locally sourced using organic & free-range where possible. All meat & poultry are sourced from Yorkshire producers.
A seclection of artisan bread is made daily and all our ice-creams are churned on the premises.
We have a blackboard with daily seasonal Specials.
We also cater for individuals who are Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free, or Celiac.
Updated 2nd March 2018